There is just something about the smell of a delicious soup brewing in the house that I love! Throughout my childhood I remember soup being the meal my mother would make when it was time to clean out the fridge…any vegetables we had were thrown into a huge pot, she’d make her own broth and add some spices, then let it simmer all afternoon. By the time supper rolled around we were near drooling from the hearty scent of that meal cooking. Paired with her delicious biscuits…it was a match in heaven!
Well…this isn’t mom’s recipe…and there are no biscuits…but I promise it smells and tastes just as delectable!
Again, I used a slow cooker, but feel free to use whatever you are comfortable with.
For this soup I included the following:
- 1 Cup Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- 2 Cups Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Cup Green Beans
- 1 Clove Garlic (diced)
- 3 TB Onion (diced)
- 2 Cups Turnip (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Can Organic Lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 Cartons Chicken Broth (no salt added)
- 1 Organic Vegetable Bouillon Cube
- 1 Organic Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- Onion and Garlic Powder to taste
Prepare your turkey by rolling into balls and cooking in a pan over medium heat until done.
Prepare all vegetables and put into cooker with broth.
Add turkey and set timer for 4 hours, stirring after 1 hour.
Sample and add additional garlic/onion powders to your liking 🙂